Want a new way to prepare potatoes that is also Whole30 compliant? Try our Whole30 Korean-style Stir-fried Potatoes recipe. Julienned potatoes are stir-fried with onions and carrots for a delicious and umami-filled side dish.
Our Whole30 compliant Korean-style potato recipe
The whole family is going to love this healthy potato recipe. It’s filled with umami flavor and a great side dish to serve alongside a protein of your choice. We’ll have some links to protein-based recipes below for you to try!
This stir-fried potato recipe will make you rethink how to serve potatoes. This dish is even great served cold or room temperature alongside other side dishes (banchan) or protein. It’s so easy to make, that it could also be a great snack option.
Ingredients needed for this Whole30 potato recipe
- Russet potatoes – You can have potatoes on Whole30, and we’re not mad about it! The potato’s fiber and protein will help you feel fuller for longer, allowing you to consume fewer calories.
- Carrots – They provide a variety of health advantages. Carrots are a healthy weight-loss snack that’s been linked to decreased cholesterol and better eye health.
- Yellow onion
- Avocado oil – A great, healthy oil for stir-frying! Avocado oil provides several health benefits, thanks to its high antioxidant properties and good fat content.
- Green onion
- Fresh banana peppers
- Roasted sesame seeds
- Fresh garlic cloves
- Fish sauce – This gives this dish a great umami flavor profile! It’s a delicious tsunami of flavor that’s sweet, salty, fishy, and funky all at once. A must-have ingredient for Asian-style cooking.
- Coconut aminos – A great soy sauce alternative. It’s also naturally sweet so it helps to balance out the saltiness of the fish sauce.
- Ground black pepper
What to serve with this stir-fried potato recipe
We like serving these Whole30 stir-fried potatoes as a side dish (banchan). If you are not doing a Whole30, this would also be great with freshly steamed rice. Serve alongside a protein of your choice and a few other side dishes. We will put some more Whole30 recipe ideas to serve with this below. This potato recipe would even make a great breakfast option by adding an egg on top!
Whole30 protein-based recipes to try
- Whole30 Straw Mushrooms and Beef Stir-fry
- Mussels and Shrimp in an Asian Garlic Sauce
- Simple Stir Fry Mackerel
- Cast Iron Asian Chicken
More Whole30 side dish recipes
- Whole30 Pepper and Zucchini Pancakes
- Whole30 Asian-style Stir-fried Eggplant
- Easy Stir-fried Bok Choy
- Korean Sweet Potato Air Fryer Fries
- 2 cups russet potatoes, julienned
- ½ cup carrot, julienned
- ½ cup yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1 banana pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon roasted sesame seeds
Stir-fried potatoes sauce:
- Place a medium-sized frying pan on medium-high heat. Add in the avocado oil.
- Let’s cook the sliced onions first. Stir-fry the onions for about 4-5 minutes until translucent.
- Next, add the potatoes and carrots into the pan with the onions. Stir-fry for another 6 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Turn the heat down to low. Add in the sauce and continue to slowly stir-fry for about another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add in the green onions and sliced banana peppers. At this point, you can either mix it in or you can place the fresh ingredients on top as we did. Also, top it with the roasted sesame seeds on top.
- Serve and enjoy!
We love seeing your creations from our recipes! Tag us on Instagram at @AsianRecipesAtHome.
Disclaimer: Under no circumstances shall this website and the author(s) be responsible for any loss or damages resulting from the reliance of the given nutritional information or ingredient/product recommendations. Recommended ingredients/products can change their formula at any time without this website and author’s awareness. It is your responsibility (the reader’s) to check the label/ingredients of any product prior to purchasing and/or using. We greatly appreciate your support and understanding.