These Korean sweet potato fries are sweet, delicious, and so easy to make in the air fryer. This recipe is so simple and easy that these are even good to whip up as a snack anytime. These Korean sweet potato fries are also gluten-free, Paleo, and Whole30 compliant (just be sure to check your chosen Everything Bagel seasoning to make sure it’s to your dietary standards).
What is a Korean sweet potato?
Sweet potatoes we are used to seeing here in the U.S. have the brown/tan skin and an orange flesh on the inside. However, there are many other varieties of sweet potatoes. Typically, a Korean sweet potato has purple-brown skin with a creamy, pale yellow flesh on the inside. The purple-colored skin on the outside of the Korean sweet potato is just so pretty and different compared to the regular ‘ol sweet potato.
Most Koreans will simply roast the sweet potato, peel the skin off and eat it just like that. No utensils or fancy sauces needed. This variety of sweet potatoes are sweet like candy, especially when roasted or fried in the air fryer. These Korean sweet potato fries will make you feel like you’re being indulgent, when in fact they are really healthy for you.
Do you have an air fryer? It is a great kitchen appliance to have at the ready, especially in the summer months when you absolutely do NOT want to start your oven and make the house any hotter. They can be fairly compact also (depending on the one you get), so it really doesn’t take up too much room. I am able to store mine nicely in one of my kitchen cabinets when it’s not in use so it doesn’t take up any kitchen counter space.
I could not find the exact model I have. Apparently, it’s discontinued. If I had to purchase one today, I’d probably lean towards the Ninja AF101 Air Fryer. In my experience, most of the Ninja brand appliances I’ve purchased have done me justice. This is not a sponsored post, I’ve just used a lot of different Ninja brand appliances over the years and really like their products.
Happy air frying and we hope you enjoy this Korean Sweet Potato Air Fryer Fries recipe!
- Clean and rinse potatoes. Dry the potatoes off with paper towels.
- Leave potato skin on. Slice your potatoes to the size fries you want, and try to be somewhat consistent with the size to allow for even cooking. (Note: larger fries may require slightly more cook time.) I cut my fries to be about 1/2” wide.
- Add cut sweet potatoes to a medium-sized bowl. Add your oil of choice and bagel seasoning to the sweet potatoes and mix well.
- Turn on air fryer to 320 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add your sweet potatoes to the air fryer and cook about 15 minutes. Check and stir after the first 7 minutes and then recheck, shake/stir every 3 minutes until crispy and browned to your liking.
- Serve and enjoy!
Disclaimer: Under no circumstances shall this website and the author(s) be responsible for any loss or damages resulting from the reliance of the given nutritional information or ingredient/product recommendations. Recommended ingredients/products can change their formula at any time without this website and author’s awareness. It is your responsibility (the reader’s) to check the label/ingredients of any product prior to purchasing and/or using. We greatly appreciate your support and understanding.