This Korean-style kimchi pancake is so incredibly easy to make, healthy and so tasty. Pancakes made with kimchi, green onions, and cassava flour are pan-fried to a golden brown. This recipe is a great Whole30, Paleo, and gluten-free snack or appetizer idea!
Our Korean-style kimchi pancake recipe
We have transformed a more traditional kimchi pancake recipe into something healthier! Our recipe is gluten-free, Paleo and Whole30 compliant. It has all the flavor of the more traditional kimchi pancake without the white refined flour.
The texture of this kimchi pancake is a bit different than the traditional kimchi pancake recipes out there. It’s a bit on the chewy side due to the nature of the cassava flour, but that’s one reason why we love it! If you’re looking for a healthier option, then you have to try out our recipe and see for yourself.
Ingredients needed for this kimchi pancake recipe
For the dipping sauce:
A great Whole30, Paleo, and gluten-free recipe option
This is seriously a great Whole30, Paleo, and gluten-free snack option! We love whipping this pancake up because if you have kimchi in the fridge, then this takes hardly any time to make. It’s filling and good for you too! Or make this as an appetizer!
How to serve this kimchi pancake
We serve this kimchi pancake as a snack or appetizer. It takes no time at all to make this kimchi pancake so it’s really great if you need a quick snack option. Or you could serve this as an appetizer to go before your main meal.
Make sure to make our sauce to go with this. You’ll love the salty, slightly sweet, and tangy sauce we’ve made to go with this kimchi pancake.
Storing and reheating this healthy kimchi pancake
We don’t think you’ll have leftovers once you try this recipe out. However, if you do, store leftover pieces in an airtight container and place them in the fridge. It should keep for about 2-3 days.
To reheat, microwave in 30-second increments until the desired temperature is reached. This number of increments will really depend on how much you are reheating at a time. You can also pan-fry the pancake on medium heat with a bit of avocado oil at the bottom of the pan. Just be careful not to burn it.
More Whole30 or Paleo recipes to enjoy
- Whole30 Korean-style Stir-fried Potatoes
- Whole30 Straw Mushrooms and Beef Stir-fry
- Instant Pot Homemade Korean Beef Curry
- Whole30 Pepper and Zucchini Pancakes
- Whole30 Asian-style Stir-fried Eggplant
- ¾ cup cassava flour
- ¾ cold water
- ½ cup aged/sour kimchi, chopped
- 1 green onion, diagonally sliced
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil
For the dipping sauce:
- In a small bowl, let’s make the dipping sauce. Combine all ingredients together and mix well. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cassava flour and cold water together. Mix well.
- Next, add in the kimchi and the sliced green onion. Mix together well.
- Heat a frying pan on medium-high heat. Add in a splash of avocado oil to just cover the bottom of the pan. Put about 1 cup of the batter into the pan and spread it out like a pancake. Once it starts to firm up, about 3-5 minutes, then flip the pancake to the other side. Cook the other side for another 3-5 minutes and until golden brown. Remove the pancake and place it on a plate.
- Repeat adding a splash of avocado oil to the bottom of the pan and placing the batter in the pan until all pancakes are made (if you’re using a smaller-sized pan).
- Cut the pancake into pieces (similar to a pizza).
- Serve and enjoy!
If you want to spice it up further, feel free to add finely diced jalapeno peppers to the batter.
We love seeing your creations from our recipes! Tag us on Instagram at @AsianRecipesAtHome.
Disclaimer: Under no circumstances shall this website and the author(s) be responsible for any loss or damages resulting from the reliance of the given nutritional information or ingredient/product recommendations. Recommended ingredients/products can change their formula at any time without this website and author’s awareness. It is your responsibility (the reader’s) to check the label/ingredients of any product prior to purchasing and/or using. We greatly appreciate your support and understanding.