Our Korean-style spicy stew recipe is filled with enoki mushrooms, beef, and other vegetables. This delicious beef stew also happens to be a Whole30 compliant, Paleo, soy-free, and gluten-free recipe!
Our Spicy Beef Stew with Enoki Mushrooms Recipe
This Korean-style spicy beef stew is such an easy recipe, but full of flavor. This stew only takes approximately 22 minutes of total cook time once the beef has had time to marinate.
We used whole food ingredients in this recipe. Which makes this a very healthy stew recipe. So much better than takeout with a lot of hidden ingredients or full of grease. We only use about a quarter pound of beef in this recipe. It is overflowing with fresh enoki mushrooms and other vegetables.
Rice is pictured served with this stew, however, if you’re sticking to low-carb, Whole30, or Paleo then simply don’t serve this stew with rice. This stew is delicious on its own and/or with an assortment of other side dishes!
Tips to Make This Korean-style Whole30 Beef Stew Recipe
We highly recommend allowing the beef to first marinate in a simple marinade for about an hour prior to cooking. This gives the beef great flavor in the stew that is all throughout the meat. Don’t skip this step! It’s worth the wait to let the beef marinate.
We like it spicy! So, we added in thinly sliced red peppers to our stew. This is completely optional though. You could also adjust the spice level to your liking. If you want it spicier, then add in more gochugaru to taste.
What Are Enoki Mushrooms?
Enoki mushrooms are miniature flower-like mushrooms with long, slender stems and tiny caps that grow in bunches. They have a light, mild flavor and a tiny snap to them. When properly refrigerated, enokis can last up to 14 days.
Where Can I Find Enoki Mushrooms?
We find ours at our local Asian/Korean grocery store. These mushrooms can also be found at a variety of well-stocked grocery stores. Whole foods markets are usually where you’ll find them.
Other Whole30 and Paleo Recipes You’ll Love
- Whole30 Straw Mushrooms and Beef Stir-fry
- Whole30 Asian-style Stir-fried Eggplant
- Simple Stir Fry Mackerel
- Cast Iron Asian Chicken
- 1 pack Enoki mushrooms
- ¼ lb chuck roast beef or brisket, thinly sliced into strips
- 2 green onions, sliced on the diagonal
- ½ cup carrots, sliced thinly on the diagonal
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ cup yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small red chili pepper, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- 2 cups water
For stew seasoning sauce:
- Mix together the sliced beef, sesame oil, minced garlic, salt, and black pepper. Let it marinate for about 1 hour.
- Add a tablespoon of avocado oil to the bottom of a heated medium-sized pot. Stir-fry the beef until browned. Add in the water and bring to a boil.
- Once the beef is browned and well done, add in the carrots, onions, and stew seasoning sauce. Continue to let it boil for 10 minutes.
- Next, add the mushrooms to the top of the stew along with the green onions and red chili pepper (optional) and let it continue to cook for about 2 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy! Note: When you go to serve, you can mix the mushrooms into the soup.
We love seeing your creations from our recipes! Tag us on Instagram at @AsianRecipesAtHome.
Disclaimer: Under no circumstances shall this website and the author(s) be responsible for any loss or damages resulting from the reliance of the given nutritional information or ingredient/product recommendations. Recommended ingredients/products can change their formula at any time without this website and author’s awareness. It is your responsibility (the reader’s) to check the label/ingredients of any product prior to purchasing and/or using. We greatly appreciate your support and understanding.