These chicken wings are grilled to perfection in an Asian inspired sauce and are bursting with umami flavors. This recipe is low-carb, easy to make and can easily be doubled or tripled. Everyone will love you for taking the time to make these delicious chicken wings.
Grilling the chicken wings adds a chargrilled flavor and smokiness. Of course, this is all thanks to using a good ‘ol grill. Make sure to plan a bit ahead of time to make these wings extra delicious. Dry brining these wings for 14 hours in just salt and pepper really helps to deepen the flavors. This is a step we highly recommend making time for – it’s worth it!
Add a dipping sauce of your choice, carrots, and celery for a delicious appetizer everyone will enjoy. If you want to make this more of a low-carb complete meal, you can add some of our side dishes (banchan) like our Fresh Korean Spinach Salad or our Easy Asian Pan-Fried Zucchini. Yummy! You’re going to love these wings!
We hope you enjoy our Grilled Asian Chicken Wings recipe!
HUNGRY FOR MORE? Subscribe to our newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
12 whole chicken wings (separated into 12 drumettes & 12 flats)
½ tsp ginger powder
3 tbsp of kosher salt
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp hot chili sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp fish sauce
1 tsp brown sugar
½ tsp black pepper
½ tsp white vinegar
½ tsp mustard powder
1 tbsp avocado oil
- Separate chicken wings to drumettes and flats (if needed).
- Poke the chicken wings liberally with a fork or sharp knife.
- Sprinkle salt and black pepper on the chicken wings.
- Put chicken wings in a ziploc bag and refrigerate chicken wings for 14 hours.
- After 14 hours, remove chicken wings from the fridge.
- Mix ginger powder, garlic, chili powder, hot chili sauce, soy sauce, fish sauce, brown sugar, white vinegar, mustard powder, and avocado oil in a bowl.
- Add the chicken wings to the bowl and mix well.
- Turn your grill on to a high temperature, or light your charcoal up for a high heat. Once the grill is nice and hot, place wings on the grill.
- Watch your wings and turn them frequently so they do not burn.
- Check the temperature for wings and remove once they reach a safe internal temperature (165° F).
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Disclaimer: Under no circumstances shall this website and the author(s) be responsible for any loss or damages resulting from the reliance of the given nutritional information or ingredient/product recommendations. Recommended ingredients/products can change their formula at any time without this website and author’s awareness. It is your responsibility (the reader’s) to check the label/ingredients of any product prior to purchasing and/or using. We greatly appreciate your support and understanding.