These chicken wings are grilled to perfection in an Asian inspired sauce and are bursting with umami flavors. This recipe is low-carb, easy to make and can easily be doubled or tripled. Everyone will love you for taking the time to make these delicious chicken wings.
Grilling the chicken wings adds a chargrilled flavor and smokiness. Of course, this is all thanks to using a good ‘ol grill. Make sure to plan a bit ahead of time to make these wings extra delicious. Dry brining these wings for 14 hours in just salt and pepper really helps to deepen the flavors. This is a step we highly recommend making time for – it’s worth it!
Add a dipping sauce of your choice, carrots, and celery for a delicious appetizer everyone will enjoy. If you want to make this more of a low-carb complete meal, you can add some of our side dishes (banchan) like our Fresh Korean Spinach Salad or our Easy Asian Pan-Fried Zucchini. Yummy! You’re going to love these wings!
We hope you enjoy our Grilled Asian Chicken Wings recipe!
12 whole chicken wings (separated into 12 drumettes & 12 flats)
½ tsp ginger powder
3 tbsp of kosher salt
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp hot chili sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp fish sauce
1 tsp brown sugar
½ tsp black pepper
½ tsp white vinegar
½ tsp mustard powder
1 tbsp avocado oil
- Separate chicken wings to drumettes and flats (if needed).
- Poke the chicken wings liberally with a fork or sharp knife.
- Sprinkle salt and black pepper on the chicken wings.
- Put chicken wings in a ziploc bag and refrigerate chicken wings for 14 hours.
- After 14 hours, remove chicken wings from the fridge.
- Mix ginger powder, garlic, chili powder, hot chili sauce, soy sauce, fish sauce, brown sugar, white vinegar, mustard powder, and avocado oil in a bowl.
- Add the chicken wings to the bowl and mix well.
- Turn your grill on to a high temperature, or light your charcoal up for a high heat. Once the grill is nice and hot, place wings on the grill.
- Watch your wings and turn them frequently so they do not burn.
- Check the temperature for wings and remove once they reach a safe internal temperature (165° F).
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Disclaimer: Under no circumstances shall this website and the author(s) be responsible for any loss or damages resulting from the reliance of the given nutritional information or ingredient/product recommendations. Recommended ingredients/products can change their formula at any time without this website and author’s awareness. It is your responsibility (the reader’s) to check the label/ingredients of any product prior to purchasing and/or using. We greatly appreciate your support and understanding.