Try our delicious Asian-style arugula and spinach salad recipe. This is a quick and healthy side dish that is easy to prepare.
Our Asian-style arugula and spinach salad recipe
This recipe is so incredibly easy to make. If you need a quick and easy salad to prepare for your next meal, try this salad recipe. Fresh spinach and arugula are combined with a very simple and homemade Asian-style dressing. A savory and slightly spicy soy sauce-based dressing is whisked together in no time. It is salty, acidic, and goes so well with the tender greens.
Ingredients needed for this easy arugula and spinach salad
If you already do a lot of Asian-style cooking in your household, then you probably have all of the ingredients to make the dressing already. We take several basic ingredients to make our Asian-style soy sauce-based dressing for this healthy salad recipe.
- Fresh spinach leaves
- Green onions
For the dressing:
- Apple cider vinegar
- Fish sauce
- Ground black pepper
- Soy sauce (or coconut aminos, or Tamari for gluten-free)
- Korean red chili pepper powder (gochugaru)
Spinach is a superfood
Spinach is high in vitamins and minerals, as well as carotenoids and flavonoids, both of which act as antioxidants. Spinach is particularly high in Vitamin K, Vitamin A, folate, and manganese, as well as Vitamin C, Vitamin K, riboflavin, Vitamin B6, calcium, iron, potassium, and magnesium.
What to serve with this salad recipe?
We recommend serving this salad alongside any kind of main protein of your choice. We also like to enjoy this salad with a small bowl of freshly steamed rice and our steamed egg recipe. We even eat that exact combination (rice, salad, steamed egg) for breakfast sometimes because it is so easy, fresh and a light breakfast to start your day right. Here are a few recipes that you could serve alongside this easy salad recipe:
- Best Korean BBQ Short Ribs (LA Galbi Gui)
- Healthy Chicken Stir Fry
- Salt and Pepper Shrimp
- Korean Spicy Braised Tofu
More recipes using spinach
- Spinach & Chive Fresh Kimchi (Geotjeori 겉절이)
- Korean Spinach and Mussel Fermented Soybean Paste (Doenjang) Soup
- Korean-Style Spinach Rice
- Korean Seasoned Spinach Side Dish (Sigeumchi-namul)
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- ½ cup carrots, julienned
- 2 green onions, diagonally sliced
For the dressing:
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce* See Notes for substitutions
- 1 Tablespoon Korean red chili pepper powder (gochugaru)
- Mix the dressing together in a small bowl.
- Place the arugula and spinach in a large bowl. Add the dressing.
- Gently toss the dressing with the arugula and spinach.
We love seeing your creations from our recipes! Tag us on Instagram at @AsianRecipesAtHome.
Disclaimer: Under no circumstances shall this website and the author(s) be responsible for any loss or damages resulting from the reliance of the given nutritional information or ingredient/product recommendations. Recommended ingredients/products can change their formula at any time without this website and author’s awareness. It is your responsibility (the reader’s) to check the label/ingredients of any product prior to purchasing and/or using. We greatly appreciate your support and understanding.