This is a delicious upgraded version of instant ramen. We decided to try out Mike’s Mighty Good Craft Ramen for this review and instant ramen hack, and we weren’t disappointed.
We saw these Mike’s Mighty Good Craft Ramen cups in our local Walmart and decided that we had to give them a try. Of course, we also had added extra ingredients to elevate our ramen just a bit. However, the instant craft ramen would have been delicious without all the extras we added. We just had all of these extra toppings and ingredients on hand and wanted to upgrade this ramen with extra flair and flavor.
We were very impressed with the flavor of this ramen. It was so delicious and really had great umami flavor and a slight creaminess to the broth similar to what you would find at a restaurant. You can tell in the photos that it’s not just a clear boring broth, but it is instead somewhat creamy. We would highly recommend you try out this craft ramen yourself. It is a perfect quick meal. To make this upgraded ramen bowl for one, it only takes about 12 minutes from start to finish. Perfect for a quick weeknight meal, especially when you just don’t feel like cooking anything complicated.
Ingredients Used for this Upgraded Instant Ramen Recipe Hack
You’re going to of course need a cup of the Mike’s Mighty Good Craft Ramen. We used their Beef flavor for this recipe, but you could also use any of their other flavors. We had some stick-like Korean rice cakes on hand, so we added those into our ramen bowl. Korean rice cakes are easily found in Asian markets in the frozen aisle ready for you to thaw and use. If you can’t easily get your hands on Korean rice cakes, feel free to omit them. You’ll also need a couple of baby carrots that you will julienne, or you could even use a bit of matchstick (pre-cut) carrots. One green onion, a bit of kimchi, one snack-size sheet of roasted and salted seaweed/nori, and an egg are the rest of the ingredients needed to make this upgraded instant ramen.
How to Make Our Upgraded Instant Ramen
First, add in the rice cakes to the noodle cup. Then prepare your instant ramen cup according to the instructions on the packaging. So at this point, you will be microwaving the instant ramen and the rice cakes together.
Next, while the instant ramen is cooking in the microwave, we suggest using this time to prepare the egg strips topping. Separate the egg yolk and egg white into separate small bowls. Whisk the egg yolk and white in their separate bowls. Turn a non-stick or cast iron pan on medium-high heat and add 1 tsp of avocado oil to the bottom of the pan. Cook the yolk and white separately until the egg is fully cooked and browned on both sides. Slice the cooked egg yolk and cooked egg white into very thin slices. You should now have cooked egg yolk strips and cooked egg white strips.
Once the instant ramen has completed cooking to your liking, transfer the ramen to a bowl. Then add in all of the toppings: sliced egg strips, carrots, kimchi, roasted seaweed/nori, and green onion. Now, all that’s left is to enjoy your delicious bowl of noodles!
We hope you enjoy and have fun making this upgraded instant ramen recipe hack we created for you using Mike’s Mighty Good Craft Ramen cups!
Need a kimchi recipe?
- Easy Napa Cabbage Korean Kimchi – Cut-Up Kimchi
- Korean Winter Kimchi
- Korean White Kimchi (Baek Kimchi)
HUNGRY FOR MORE? Subscribe to our newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
1 Mike’s Mighty Good Craft Ramen Beef Flavor
1-2 baby carrots, julienned
½ green onion, chopped
1 snack-size roasted seaweed/nori sheet, cut into thin strips
¼ cup kimchi, thinly sliced into strips
⅓ cup rice cakes (or 6 pieces, stick-like Korean rice cakes), thawed or soaked in warm water for 10 minutes
- First, let’s prepare the egg strips. Separate the egg yolk and egg white into separate small bowls. Whisk the egg yolk and white in their separate bowls. Turn a non-stick or cast iron pan on medium-high heat and add 1 tsp of avocado oil to the bottom of the pan. Add the whisked yolk to the hot pan. Spread the yolk out into a thin layer. Allow the egg yolk to cook on one side, then flip to cook the other side (about 2 minutes per side). Remove from pan when egg yolk is done. Next, add another 1 tsp of avocado oil to the same pan. Cook the egg white and spread into a thin layer. Allow the egg white to cook on one side, then flip to cook the other side (about 2 minutes per side). Remove the egg white from the pan. Slice the cooked egg yolk and cooked egg white into very thin slices. You should now have cooked egg yolk strips and cooked egg white strips. Set aside for later.
- Prepare Mike’s Mighty Good Craft Ramen according to package instructions and don’t forget to add in the rice cakes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add toppings: sliced egg strips, carrots, kimchi, roasted seaweed/nori, and green onion.
We love seeing your creations from our recipes! Tag us on Instagram at @AsianRecipesAtHome.
Disclaimer: Under no circumstances shall this website and the author(s) be responsible for any loss or damages resulting from the reliance of the given nutritional information or ingredient/product recommendations. Recommended ingredients/products can change their formula at any time without this website and author’s awareness. It is your responsibility (the reader’s) to check the label/ingredients of any product prior to purchasing and/or using. We greatly appreciate your support and understanding.