Our Kimchi Fried Rice Chicken Quesadilla recipe is a unique twist that brings Asian and Mexican flavors together in a single recipe. Delicious kimchi fried rice, chicken, cheese, tomatoes, and onions are packaged nicely in a browned tortilla. The whole family is going to love this recipe!
We are pretty excited to share this unique recipe with you. What can go wrong with fusing together Korean flavors and Mexican flavors together?! This unique quesadilla recipe is sure to be a hit with you, your friends and your family. The recipe is simple to make after you ensure you have all the ingredients ready to go.
Kimchi Fried Rice Chicken Quesadilla Ingredients
You’re going to need a few ingredients specifically for the chicken breast marinade. We use our own marinade for this recipe, which we think elevates the chicken just a bit. For the chicken breast marinade, you will need salt, cumin, lime juice, white cooking wine, blackened seasoning, white pepper, ginger powder, and garlic powder.
You will also need kimchi, cooked white rice, shredded Mexican cheese, tomato, yellow onion, olive oil, and flour tortillas.
How to Make the Kimchi Fried Rice Chicken Quesadillas
This recipe has a few steps to it, but it will be worth it once you take a bite of these quesadillas. First, the chicken needs to be marinated. We suggest letting the chicken marinate for about 2 hours in the fridge. After the chicken is marinated, then it is cooked in a saute pan. Once the chicken is fully cooked and no longer pink, the cooked chicken is removed from the pan and set aside for later when it is time to assemble the quesadillas. Using the same pan, stirfry the kimchi for a couple of minutes. Then add in the cooked white rice and diced onions and stirfry for another two minutes.
Now it is finally quesadilla making time! Place a clean pan, large enough to fit the tortilla, on low-medium heat. Once the pan is warm, place a tortilla on the pan and start layering the cooked ingredients onto the tortilla. First, add a layer of kimchi rice, then a layer of cooked diced chicken, a layer of tomatoes, and a layer of cheese to one-half of the tortilla. Fold the side with no ingredients over onto the side with all the layers. You’re just folding the tortilla in half. Make sure each side is browned to your liking. That’s it! Repeat until all quesadillas are made, and cut each quesadilla into triangle pieces.
We intended this recipe to be a quesadilla. However, we also had fun making it as a grilled stuffed burrito. No matter the shape, or how you choose to assemble this kimchi fried rice chicken quesadilla, you and your family are going to love it.
We hope you enjoy this Kimchi Fried Rice Chicken Quesadilla recipe!
Need a kimchi recipe?
- Easy Napa Cabbage Korean Kimchi – Cut-Up Kimchi
- Korean Winter Kimchi
- Korean White Kimchi (Baek Kimchi)
Other recipes you’ll love:
For the marinated chicken:
1 lb chicken breast, diced ¼” size
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp cumin
½ tsp lime juice
1 Tbsp white cooking wine
1 tsp blackened seasoning
¼ tsp white pepper
¼ tsp ginger powder
½ tsp garlic powder
1 cup kimchi, diced ¼” size
3 cups shredded Mexican cheese
2 cups cooked white rice
1 large tomato (about 1 cup), diced
1 medium yellow onion (about 1 cup), diced
3 Tbsp olive oil
6 10-inch tortilla wraps
- First, let’s marinate the chicken. Mix the chicken marinade ingredients together well in a medium-sized bowl and add in the diced chicken. Cover the bowl and allow to marinate in the fridge for about 2 hours.
- Put a medium/large-sized pan onto medium-high heat and add in the tablespoon of olive oil. Once the pan is hot, add in the marinated chicken. Discard the marinade juice. Cook the chicken for about 7-8 minutes until chicken is well done. Remove the cooked chicken from the pan and set aside on a plate or bowl for later.
- Using the same frying pan, add another tablespoon of olive oil. Lightly squeeze a bit of the excess kimchi juice out. Then, add to the frying pan and stirfry for about 2 minutes. Next, add in the cooked white rice and diced onions to the frying pan with the kimchi and stirfry for about another 2 minutes.
- Now, it’s time to make the quesadillas. Put a clean large sized pan on low-medium heat. Once the pan is warm, put one tortilla in the pan. We are going to add layers of ingredients to one-half of the tortilla. Add a layer kimchi rice first, then a layer of diced chicken, then a layer of diced tomatoes, a layer of cheese (about ½ cup) and lastly fold the tortilla in half to make the quesadilla shape. After about 2-4 minutes, flip the quesadilla over to brown the other side for another 2-4 minutes.
- Repeat until all the quesadillas are made. Cut the finished quesadillas into triangle pieces (about 4 pieces per quesadilla). Enjoy!
We love seeing your creations from our recipes! Tag us on Instagram at @AsianRecipesAtHome.
Disclaimer: Under no circumstances shall this website and the author(s) be responsible for any loss or damages resulting from the reliance of the given nutritional information or ingredient/product recommendations. Recommended ingredients/products can change their formula at any time without this website and author’s awareness. It is your responsibility (the reader’s) to check the label/ingredients of any product prior to purchasing and/or using. We greatly appreciate your support and understanding.