This Korean BBQ Bulgogi Burger recipe is marinated in a slightly sweet and savory marinade, cooked on the grill, and then topped with cheese and delicious homemade kimchi relish.
July 4th will soon be here and we think this recipe will be a perfect recipe for your Fourth of July celebrations. Your family and friends can customize their burgers by using whatever toppings they like.
We used some simple pan-fried onion slices to top our burgers. We also highly recommend using our kimchi relish as one of the toppings for this burger. You can use a more fermented/sour kimchi relish if you made some when we released the recipe a few weeks ago. Or if you want a fresh kimchi relish, kind of like coleslaw, then use some freshly made kimchi relish. However, if kimchi is not really your thing, then you can still eat this bulgogi burger without the kimchi relish. That’s one great thing about burgers, you can customize it to your liking just by changing out the toppings.
This recipe makes delicious, juicy and hefty sized 1/2 lb burgers. If you wanted to make just 1/4 lb burgers, then this recipe will make 12 servings. As we all like to say though, go big or go home!
Want a low carb option?
This can easily be transformed into a low-carb option by eliminating the pretzel bun and adding a side of grilled vegetables or a salad like our fresh Korean spinach salad.
We hope you enjoy our Korean BBQ Bulgogi Burger recipe!
HUNGRY FOR MORE? Subscribe to our newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
3 lbs ground beef (80/20)
1 tbsp white sugar
1 tsp brown sugar
2 tbsp soy sauce
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp white vinegar
2 cloves garlic, chopped
¼ cup onion, chopped
2 tbsp sesame oil
½ tsp black pepper
6 Pretzel buns
Your favorite cheese/toppings
2 cups kimchi relish (optional, see our recipe)
- Add cold water, chopped onion, and garlic to a blender. Blend until a smooth consistency.
- Remove onion/garlic paste from the blender and add it to a large bowl.
- Add white sugar, brown sugar, soy sauce, salt, white vinegar, sesame oil, black pepper to the bowl with the onion/garlic paste and mix thoroughly. (Do not add meat yet.)
- Then add 3 lbs of ground beef to the bowl with the marinade and mix together well.
- Once hamburger mixture is well combined, shape and form into hamburger patties to your desired size and thickness.
- Add hamburger patties to a cookie sheet and leave it in the fridge for about 10 hours to marinate.
- After 10 hours remove hamburger patties from fridge and light up your charcoal grill to high temperature. Cook patties until done to the desired safe temperature.
- Once the hamburger patties are cooked, serve with pretzel buns and your favorite toppings. We highly recommend our kimchi relish as a topping. Enjoy!
You can add sliced pan-fried onions, your favorite cheese, or kimchi relish instead of vegetables. If you want a more sour taste use older/fermented kimchi relish or if you want a more fresh taste (like coleslaw) use freshly made kimchi relish. We recommend swiss cheese as our cheese of choice for this recipe.
We love seeing your creations from our recipes! Tag us on Instagram at @AsianRecipesAtHome.
Disclaimer: Under no circumstances shall this website and the author(s) be responsible for any loss or damages resulting from the reliance of the given nutritional information or ingredient/product recommendations. Recommended ingredients/products can change their formula at any time without this website and author’s awareness. It is your responsibility (the reader’s) to check the label/ingredients of any product prior to purchasing and/or using. We greatly appreciate your support and understanding.