Make this easy homemade egg drop soup with just a few simple ingredients. This egg drop soup recipe is so delicious, easy to make and delivers on great flavor. It will make you wonder why you haven’t made this soup sooner.
There’s only a total of six ingredients that make up this recipe. One of the ingredients is salt, so does that really count? I mean I feel like everyone has salt in their kitchen readily available. The other ingredient I feel like maybe I should count is the water. That’s another gimme in most home kitchens. So leaving out salt and water, that really brings our total down to just FOUR INGREDIENTS to make this delicious egg drop soup recipe.
This soup would make a perfect appetizer. You could also just have this soup as your entree if you’re wanting a light meal. This homemade egg drop soup recipe is also great for anyone needing to abstain from eating solids for a while. Having this soup would be a good change from the more traditional options of non-solids like mashed potatoes and jello. Plus this soup only takes about 10 minutes to make. Score!
We hope you enjoy this easy homemade egg drop soup recipe!
1 Tbsp potato starch
1 tsp salt
2 chicken bouillon cubes
2 cup + ¼ cup water
1 green onion (thinly sliced, optional)
- First, crack open the eggs and place them into a small bowl. Beat the eggs well.
- Add 2 cups water, bouillon cubes, and salt to a medium-sized pot on high heat. Bring it to boil.
- Once the water has reached boiling, slowly pour the eggs into the pot. As you are pouring, make sure to move your hand around and pour slowly to ensure they don’t clump in one spot.
- Once the eggs have firmed up in the soup, turn the heat down to low/simmer.
- Mix the potato starch and ¼ cup of water together well in a small bowl. Pour the potato starch mixture into the pot slowly and stir it into the soup. Mix well.
- Sprinkle thinly sliced green onions on top. Serve and enjoy!
We love seeing your creations from our recipes! Tag us on Instagram at @AsianRecipesAtHome.
Disclaimer: Under no circumstances shall this website and the author(s) be responsible for any loss or damages resulting from the reliance of the given nutritional information or ingredient/product recommendations. Recommended ingredients/products can change their formula at any time without this website and author’s awareness. It is your responsibility (the reader’s) to check the label/ingredients of any product prior to purchasing and/or using. We greatly appreciate your support and understanding.